Visa : applied for a business visa which needs..
- 1 EP (from myself) Acceptance Note, 1 TN (from the company) Acceptance Note
- 1 letter explaining the job description and details
- 1 letter from my University stating proof of registration
- 1 bank statement of my financial profile
- completely filled out visa application form with a recent photo (taken at any photography store)
- cost of application around CAD145
- waiting time.. 5 to 7 business days at Indian Consulate in Ottawa
Travel Insurance : my local bank provides the service
Emergency Medical Insurance : provided by http://www.kanetix.ca/ .. cheap and very necessary!
Vaccinations/Medications : travel clinic helped me out.. but double check what you need just in case, almost missed out on Malaria pills needed to be taken everyday in India.
i'm also bringing advil, tylenol, buckleys and the like because I know they work for me in times of need!
Contact List : includes all of the members of the AIESEC LC, the Canadian Embassy, and locations of local clinics
Cellphone : contact the company to receive cheap international texting for the months abroad
All the gear to venture through the monsoon season, repellants to keep the mosquitos at a distance, lengthy yet loose clothes for 40 degree weather, books for the 18 hour flight time
and SO much more.. but definitely can't forget all the souvenirs for those kids, they are what matters.